Friday, June 16, 2017

RVing and quilting

We left home Tuesday and headed west into Minnesota. Arriving in Cloquet, MN.. Jessie and LeRoy have been here sine Monday. A beautiful park on an island. No mosquitoes! The temps have been in the 80's during the day and 50's at night. Being by the water we are enjoying the time outside and being cool. The 2 sites next to us are also quilters. How awesome! Jessie, Judy and I headed out to the quilt shop. Quilted Dog Quilt Shop. What an amazing shop. So many samples made and many kits of them or you can just buy the pattern. I forgot my camera, darn it. I got a few wool projects, and pattern called "Button Boats". It is like a small dish to hold whatever. Cute and quite a simple pattern. I also bought a really cute coffee mug. I will take pictures once I get home.

I love going to "Trunk Shows". You learn so much from the designers and see their amazing work. I have gone to a lot of them. Locally in my home town and around Wisconsin and even one in Texas. Designers have so many interesting stories to tell and share much information about the craft ad they are so entertaining. I am looking to some that will be coming up around Wisconsin that I plan to attend. Kaye England is always a wonderful show. New to me will be Nancy Clark McNally, Judy Niemeyer, Linda Pool and a mystery show!

I am starting a another Buggy Barn Crazies. Hearts and Stars. It will be done in Lynette Johnson's fabric line. (Kitties) Looking forward to getting it done. I have also been working on card wallets and ditty bags. So fun and fast to make. Do you use scraps to make rag rugs? I just got a pattern and tool to make them. I can;t wait to try that.

I went through all my fabrics and sorted and folded. Decided what I woud keep and what I did not want anymore. I sent a good sized box to Katrina in Ohio. She is our friends daughter and does all her piecing and quilting by hand. Amazing workmanship. I will be going through books and patterns when we return home. This downsizing stuff isn't easy.

Have a wonderful day and week end.

PIECE!
The person you think is your enemy, may be the only person trying to save you!

No comments:

Post a Comment