Thursday, May 11, 2017

A Crazy Busy Week

In our younger years we had a group of friends that hung out with every chance we could. Then life hits. Marriage, children and before you know it you just don;t get together much anymore and we each develop new friendships. Last we got together with Danny and Dawn was about 5-6 years ago. We got caught up in each others lives.  They were spending summers at Wisconsin Dells in their permanent trailer at a camp ground and traveling in their coach to Gulf Shores every winter. This past winter they came back to Wisconsin in December for a family situation. Dawn contacted me through Facebook in April. She said they were in Rib Mountain and we should get together. She called and when I asked where she was she said, " we rented a duplex over here on Big Pine in January". That is about a half a block away from me. We knew exactly where they were. We picked them up and off to lunch we went to catch up. We spent almost 6 hours doing just that. The following Friday they were driving back to Gulf Shores to pick up their coach and bring it back. Dawn brought her plants over for me take care of while they were gone. They came back for about a week. We got together again and now they off to South Dakota to visit friends till the 19th. We keep in touch most days. What a wonderful surprise to get reunited again. Mel and Danny go back a long way.

Last Thursday morning I got up really early, picked up "Chicklet" (Linda) and we were off to Beaver Dam to the Nancy's Notions warehouse sale. We had a blast. We each  found what we were looking for.
My "loot". The floor lamp was a door buster. ( will work well in our coach)  A circle cutter, pattern, 2 books, a travel bag for a travel iron that I also bought, coasters with quilts printed on them, steam a seam and 32 fat quarters. All for just over 100.00!!! Oh! and a bottle of Retayne. I need that if I am working with Red, dark blue or black fabric. I also saw a neighbor of mine there along with a friend from Madison.  After, we headed over to Applebees for lunch. It was a great day. Lots of laughs.

Friday, Sarah Bohman came over. We went through some fabric she was looking for. She stole my latest quilt top and said" I want to quilt this one!". She is awesome and a real hoot to be around. We both have dreams of going to Italy and we are actually getting a game plan together.

Saturday was quiet. I cleaned house, did laundry. Hung all the light stuff outside. My last 2 loads were jeans and towels. I went down to get the jeans out of the dryer and they were cold and wet. Arg! The thermal fuse blew! Happened about 10 years ago also. I hung the jeans on my drying rack. Called my neighbor and took the towels to her house to dry in her dryer.

Sunday was also quiet. I did some sewing and played with quilting on my new Juki machine.

Monday was my usual errand day. Got going early and was done by noon. My friend Melissa from the southern part of the state set up a group chat for planning an RV quilting retreat. We have about 9 people already signed up. Melissa did this last year and had 20 people. She said it got out of hand with that many. This year the most will be 15. We will have potlucks for lunch and dinners. Dinners will include our husbands. Melissa has 2 campgrounds that she is checking into that will work for our retreat. Looking at north of the Madison area. Makes for a central place for all to meet.

Tuesday was getting the rest of my errands done.You see, Tuesday is senior day at our grocery store. Gotta get that discount.  We also picked up the new thermal fuse and got the dryer put back together.

Wednesday I sewed all day. ALL DAY! It was wonderful. I have been working on some new things besides quilts. I am making these wallets. They are fabulous for credit cards, quilt shop punch cards and stashing money for those quilt shops.
It is amazing how much stuff they hold.

When we met with Dawn she was showing me a "ditty" bag she uses while she does her knitting. She also spins. She does the most beautiful knitting and you should see the beautiful yarns she spins. Anyway, she uses the ditty bag to put in a small project along with her needles and yarn. Wherever she is she can just pull out her project and work on it while leaving the yarn in the bag so it doesn't get dirty. Here is what those look like. I made 2.
The bag stays on her wrist while she knits.

Today, Lois are I are heading off to Paquette's for our annual plant shopping.

In between all of this, my daughter in law , Sara has come over to help go through everything in the house for downsizing. We have gotten a lot taken care of. We pack up things to go to Goodwill and things she and John want. I think she has taken more home than I take to Goodwill. I am not doing garage sales anymore so it goes to Goodwill. It is just to difficult for me to set them up with my health situation.  The house is sold  as soon as we are ready to surrender it to an easier life in an apartment or condo. Nice knowing we do not have to worry about that.

 Have a wonderful day. Till next time.... Piece!

BTW: soon I will be going through my quilting stuff and downsizing that also. Fabric, rulers, books etc.. I am trying to decide what to do with the items I no longer need. If you know of anyone wanting any quilting items they can contact me through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment